Cranberry, Kale and Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2-3 cups baby kale
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cranberries
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp onion or shallot
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp aged balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze (the good stuff- it should be thick and delicious)
- For this recipe you need 1 cup cooked quinoa. If you have not cooked quinoa before rise 1/2 cup quinoa and combine with 1 cup water or broth (vegetable or chicken) in a sauce pan and cook over medium to medium low heat until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. It takes about 12-15 minutes. Follow directions on the bag of quinoa.
- Oncce your quinoa is cooked and cooled combine it will the kale and cranberries. In the meantime diced up your garlic and onion and combine the olive oil and lemon juice, salt, pepper and balsamic and mix it all together for the dressing. Pour over the kale, quinoa, cranberries and toss until all of the kale, quinoa is coated. Serve or use for lunch or dinner the next day.
- Sometimes I substitute the balsmic for golden balsamic to keep the color of the dressing light or clear- if you prefer to do so look for Golden Balsamic Vinegar.